Chamber of Industrial & Commercial Undertakings is an organization which represents more than 1200 Direct Members from the State of Punjab and 32 leading Association have also been affiliated with the Chamber having their members more than 10000. This is the only organization in the State of Punjab which has got Country’s Level Second Prize as BMO doing services for the development of MSME sector. Chamber is also the only Organization in Punjab which has been accredited as Silver Standard by the Quality Council of India, New Delhi. CICU is a Nodal industrial & Commercial Organization which represents Industrial & Trade sectors of the State of Punjab since 1968 & is recognized by the Govt. of India Ministry of Commerce & Exports.
The aims and objectives of the Chamber are to promote and protect the general industrial andmercantile interests, to encourage friendly feeling and unanimity amongst members of business community on all subjects involving their common good. A band of dedicated industrialists which founded the Chamber gave considerable thoughts, exhaustive consideration and had detailed Deliberations prior to formulating.
- Represent interests of business, industry and trade with state governments.
- Invite top mentors, industrialists, other government dignitaries for the benefit of the industry and our members learn & interact with them.
- Conducts useful Seminars, Workshops, and Competitions for the members of the Chamber.
- Lead overseas business delegation and provide business opportunities for the members.
- Signing of various MoUs with fantabulous companies which help our members to get benefit out of it.
- We held Exhibitions for the industry to groom on latest technologies coming up.
- Providing skilled manpower for industry & employment to the youth passing out from engineering & management institutes.
- Interactive Discussions / Seminars / Trainings Programs on all important issues related to all sectors of Industries.
- Advocacy on Industry related issues at State & Central Govt. level.
- Industry Institute Interaction.
- Organizing Exhibitions & Trade Fairs.
- Interaction with Delegations from foreign countries.
- Delegations to Foreign Countries for Technology up gradation & promotion of business.
- Organizing Industrial sports activities like T20 Corporate Cricket Tournament, Chess Competition etc.
- Issuing Certificate of origin for Exports.
- We run a Skill Development Centre and a NABL approved. Calibration Centre (CICU-SSC Technical Centre) at our Gill Road office.
- We have also formed a special group called Young Business Leaders Forum “YBLF” comprising of around 175 young members in the age group of 18 to 40 years. Their grooming is being done by doing all activities for them as per their specialrequirements / needs.
- Concession on Training/Seminar Charges.
- 15-20% Discount on selected Hotels (on Room booking & Food).
- Discount on Selected Restaurants.
- Discount on Cinemas (i.e. PVR/Cinepolis/SRS), Amusement Parks (Hardy’s World/F2 Raceway etc.).
- Discount on Diesel Purchased at selected Petrol Pumps.
- Discount on Insurance (General/Life/Health).
- Exhibition participation as Priority Member.
- Discounted Price on Advertisement Charges in CICU Directory/Newletters.
- Discount on selected Hospital Network.
- Discounts in Calibration Services at CICU-SSC Calibration Centre, Gill Road, Ludhiana.
- Discount on CNC Toolings.
- IT related Services.
- Discounts on Electricals & Electronics appliances.
- Travel Discounts.
- Advise on IPR Related Services.
- Advise on Business Excellence Services.
- Advise on Legal Services.
Details of Important Programs conducted by CICU from 01/04/2017 to 31/03/2018 are as given below:
|1.||03.01.2014||CICU Demands PSERC should be Headed by Neutral Competent Person|
|2.||21.01.2014||CICU delegation held Meeting with Sh. Chunni Lal Bhagat Hon’ble Minister for Labor|
|3.||24.01.2014||CICU Initiatives for Developing Ludhiana as Pollution Free, Clean & Green City|
|4.||03.02.2014||Strongly Pleaded Before Chairman, P.E.R.C. For Not Allowing Any Increase In Power Tariff|
|5.||04.02.2014||Initiative To Increase Bi-Lateral Trade With Republic Of Kosovo, A South Eastern European Country|
|6.||13.02.2014||500 Applicants, 30 Companies, 80 Offer Letters Issued During “Rojgar Mela” Organized At Jagraon|
|7.||17.02.2014||CICU Condemns Interim Budget’ 2014-15|
|8.||23.02.2014||Organized Corporate T-20 Cricket League Tournament|
|9.||27.02.2014||Industrial units operating in Non-designated Areas to be Categorized under Mixed Land Use Area|
|10.||01.03.2014||CICU Conducts Workshop on Strengthening Business Through Internet Marketing|
|11.||05.03.2014||Punjab Government waive off CLU Charges as Requested by CICU Delegation|
|12.||02.04.2014||Seminar on “Poka Yoke-Mistake Proofing|
|13.||17.04.2014||Industrial Interaction with S. Sukhbir Singh Badal, Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister Punjab|
|14.||21.04.2014||Seminar on How to Increase Business with RAK-UAE|
|15.||22.04.2014||B2B Meeting with Potential Investors by Senior Officials from RAKIA|
|16.||22.04.2014||Seminar on Marketing Skills- 4P’s of Marketing & the Changing Trends|