CICU is registered as a non-profit making society, which represents Industry & Trade Sectors of the State of the Punjab Since 1968. Presently, we have direct membership of more than 1200 enterprises and indirect membership of 13,000 enterprises of 34 different associations affiliated with us as Associate Members.
We have Achieved National / State Level Winner as Responsible BMO by Foundation for MSME Cluster, New Delhi. It also has been accredited as Silver Standard by Quality Council of India, New Delhi and National Accreditation Board for Education & Training (NABET). CICU is also recognized by the Ministry of Commerce & Exports (Govt. of India).
The aims and objectives of the Chamber are to promote and protect the general industrial and mercantile interests, to encourage friendly feeling and unanimity amongst members of business community on all subjects involving their common good. A band of dedicated industrialists which founded the Chamber gave considerable thoughts, exhaustive consideration and had detailed Deliberations prior to formulating.
- Represent interests of business, industry and trade with state governments.
- Invite top mentors, industrialists, other government dignitaries for the benefit of the industry and our members learn & interact with them.
- Conducts useful Seminars, Workshops, and Competitions for the members of the Chamber.
- Lead overseas business delegation and provide business opportunities for the members.
- Signing of various MoUs with fantabulous companies which help our members to get benefit out of it.
- We held Exhibitions for the industry to groom on latest technologies coming up.
- Providing skilled manpower for industry & employment to the youth passing out from engineering & management institutes.
- Interactive Discussions / Seminars / Trainings Programs on all important issues related to all sectors of Industries.
- Advocacy on Industry related issues at State & Central Govt. level.
- Industry Institute Interaction.
- Organizing Exhibitions & Trade Fairs.
- Interaction with Delegations from foreign countries.
- Delegations to Foreign Countries for Technology up gradation & promotion of business.
- Organizing Industrial sports activities like T-20 Corporate Cricket Tournament, Chess Competition, Kaizen Competition etc.
- Issuing Certificate of origin for Exports.
- We run a Skill Development Centre and a NABL approved Calibration Centre (CICU-SSC Technical Centre) at our Gill Road office.
- We have also formed a special group called Young Business Leaders Forum “YBLF” comprising of around 175 young members in the age group of 20 to 40 years. Their grooming is being done by doing all activities for them as per their special requirements / needs.
- Concession on Training/Seminar Charges.
- 20-30% Discount on selected Hotels & Restaurants (on Room booking & Dine-in).
- Discount on Diesel Purchased at our selected Petrol Pumps.
- Discount on Insurance Services (General/Life/Health).
- Exhibition participation as Priority Member.
- Discounted Price on Advertisement Charges in CICU Directory/Newletters.
- Discounts in Calibration Services at CICU-SSC Calibration Centre, Gill Road, Ludhiana.
- Discount on CNC Toolings.
- IT related Services.
- Discounts on Electricals & Electronics appliances.
- Travel Discounts.
- Advise on IPR Related Services.
- Advise on Business Excellence Services.
- Advise on Legal Services.
Details of Important Programs conducted by CICU from 01/04/2018 to 31/03/2019 are as given below:
|2.||09 Macrh 2019||Organized 1 Day Training Program on “GOOD STRATEGIES FOR PRODUCT PRICING” by Mr. Dinesh, Management Consultant from Bangalore.|
|3.||3 – 8 March 2019||A High Level CICU Delegation visited TIMTOS-2019, International Exhibition at Taipei, Taiwan.|
|4.||21.02.2019||CICU in association with SME Venture and Schneider Electric organized Seminar on “Leveraging Technology for Business Growth” at Hotel Radisson Blu, Ludhiana|